Campbell Family

Campbell Family
A Dentist, A Princess, 4 Crazy Boys, and a Little Princess too!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

What artists I have!!!!


So I have just come home from a wonderful get away to St. Louis for an Alliance convention for the ADA. (This is for spouses of Dentists) Well anyway, I was in the family room talking to JJ and heard one of the boys playing with the crayons and markers. I yelled to him and reminded him that we only color at the table and on paper. (It is a line we use daily.) Well about an hour later Jorden comes down to tell me that I need to come see their "decoration". So I proceed up stairs only to find the two other boys hiding. I began to be a little suspicious now what this "decoration" might be. Hiding is never a good indication of  something good. Well to my utmost surprise, here it is. Yes they decided to color the side table in Michael's room. Isn't it beautiful!! All I could do was take big, deep breaths. After all I didn't want to start yelling at them within the first hours of my arrival. Needless to say they have all been restricted from crayons and markers for a while, not to mention a few other things, and I had to take a picture for posterity's sake. JJ thinks I should put a coat of polyurethane over it and save it this way. I am not quite sure about that. So if any one knows how to get crayon off of wood by something other than stipping it, I would appreciate the advice. 



12 comments:

Bobbi said...

Oh man! Magic Eraser should work. I still haven't painted over the doors my boys colored. Maybe you should save it. :) Pass it down to future generations.

The Atwood's said...

I would have to agree with JJ on this one. That's awesome!!!

Melissa said...

Magic Eraser for sure!! Jake drew a TV on a wall upstairs and every now and then he will sit down and watch it! Should I be concerned about that?

Sherrie said...

um...well, at least the word "green" written on the side is written with a green color. You've got some bright ones Becky! :) So, I think you should save it and give it to Michael as a wedding gift. :) HA!

Kristen said...

I need to mention that at least all the colors look nice together and they did cover the entire surface, very neat. Magic Eraser got marker off my cabinets. We don't talk about that.

Adriann said...

I agree with JJ, keep it! I think they did a nice job =).

Mike and Amie said...

I like JJ's idea! Let them finish "decorating" and seal it for sure!
How was Conference?

Mike and Amie said...

I like JJ's idea! Let them finish "decorating" and seal it for sure!
How was Conference?

Unknown said...

WitchHazel...takes off the crayon and not the paint...even works on newly painted walls...it desolves the wax without hurting what is under it...
By the way J.J. has my vote...I would sell it to a grandmother... and I have one in mind!!

Dave and Loralee said...

I'm sorry, but I'm LAUGHING MY HEAD OFF at this one-that is ONE masterful piece of art! But if I were in your shoes I wouldn't have been able to breathe my way through it. You're a better mommy than me :)

Ammieloris said...

:) I like it!

Anonymous said...

Becky...I love you but keep the table just like it is. It's now an heirloom.!

Love,
Michele