All right, so here is the story. One day I had a little innocent zit which I took great pleasure in popping. (A normal everyday pop, nothing remarkable or worthy of note like shooting the mirror or anything like that...) Two days later the spot in question got a little sore and swollen, and rather unsightly. I tried to pop it again and again but it only hurt really really bad without any gratuitous explosion whatsoever. One night things got so bad (big and sore) that I couldn't take it anymore- I looked a little like that Sloth character from Goonies - so I went to one of those little emergency room deals where the one doctor in there is only there because he has to complete so many "community service" hours before they will give him his license back. A real delightful guy to be with. He gets me numb and does a little blunt dissection, a little squeeze and drainage that I could feel dripping down my neck, really big bandage, some antibiotics and out the door. He did just fine, I don't mean to paint him so poorly
Still swollen, I went to the friendly Oral Surgery department at school. I was informed I had an Epidermal Inclusion Cyst that would most likely flair up from time to time if not removed. So I waited till I healed all up and went in for the little procedure that I have shared with you.
Thank you emergency Dr! Big thanks to the OS residents at school who did wonderful. Special thanks to Jake and Larry who took my picture and held my hand in surgery.
The joys of Dental School!
Love,
JJ
1 comment:
That is so yuckie......wow!!
Post a Comment