Campbell Family

Campbell Family
A Dentist, A Princess, 4 Crazy Boys, and a Little Princess too!

Friday, September 18, 2009

Yosemite 1 (Half Dome)

So my sister in-law thought it would be a great idea to hike up to the top of Half Dome. I don't know what I was thinking but after 8 mile of stair climbing just to get to the base and then facing death to get to the top, I have to say this was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. I actually can't wait to do it again.
Here is a picture of Half Dome from the almost base. Yes I say almost because this is the worst part of the hike yet. We still had climb more stairs and do a lot of little switch backs just to get half way up.
I just had to have a picture by this sign. Why do we not read and obey them?? I am with my brother in-law, Lance, sister in-law, Michele, (the one with the great idea) and Nephew, Wyatt.
Here is the picture of Half Dome from our camp. I still can't believe I hiked to the top.
Now here is the "half way" spot looking at the cables that you hold on to for dear life to climb to the top of Half Dome. Yes I really did do it and yes I can't wait to do it again. Thanks Michele.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Go, Becky! That pic is crazy! Looks like you guys had a blast.

thekerrclan said...

WOW! Scary and exciting all at the same time. (Angel's Landing in Zion was enough for me. I'm not a fan of looking over the side of a rock, holding a chain and seeing nothing but the ground way below! Good for you!)