Campbell Family

Campbell Family
A Dentist, A Princess, 4 Crazy Boys, and a Little Princess too!

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Happy Birthday JJ

Okay so I had to share this with all of you while it was still fresh in my mind.

Today is JJ's birthday and with the church meetings he has tonight, Jorden and I thought we would go get him and go to lunch. (Thursday's the institute offers $1 lunches, so we were headed there. Hey we are poor!!!) Okay so I wake the baby up from his first "actual" nap since he was a newborn, (He is a cat napper) get Jorden all decked out in boots and coat, get the diaper bag set to go and head out to pick up JJ. I was even running a bit early. As I am driving down the road this man pulls up next to me waving and moving his hands trying to talk sign language to me. I roll down my window and he tells me that I am about to have a flat tire. About to, I think what does that mean? I know what you are thinking, the next minute her tire is going to blow, right? Wrong, I drive down the street and pull off into a gas station so I can check the tire and fill it with air. I am pretty smart you know. So I get out look at my tire and indeed it is just about flat. (So now I know what he means.) I look for the air thingy and it is out of service. Across the street is another gas station so I head there. Well their air thingy has been jammed by some idiot who couldn't read the big sticker that says quarters only!!!! So what I am going to do I think to myself. Call JJ, well I try his cell phone, no answer. Of course why would he answer, he never does, I don't know why he even needs that cell phone, maybe it is to make him feel grown up. He never has it on or if it is it needs to be charged. Next thought call AAA, yes use that membership that you pay for every year, OH NO, it expired February 29, 2008. I should really open up that bill. Okay last resort call JJ's clinic and ask for someone to find him. Here is how the call went.

Person answers phone: Hello

Becky: Hi is JJ Campbell there?

Person: Is this his wife?

Becky: Yes it is (Who else would it be, does he give this number to all his adoring fans!!!???)

Person: JJ, it is for you

JJ: Hello

Becky: Hi honey it's me (like he didn't already know that, who else calls him honey?)

JJ: What do you need?

Becky: Well I have a flat tire, what do I do, our AAA membership just expired, do I just call 411 and get a number to a towing company?

JJ: Honey just put on the spare

Becky: (Here it is everyone get ready to laugh harder if you haven't started laughing already) Oh yeah we have a spare!! (I truely have lost it, no brain cells left) I forgot about the spare, I didn't even think about it.

JJ: I will get a ride and come help you.

Becky: Okay bye.

Becky: these are my thoughts... do I even know where the spare is? Yes, JJ showed me where it was before we moved out here to Ohio, just in case I needed it on our road trip. How do I get it out? Where do I put the jack? My father would be definitly embarassed, he would wonder where he went wrong, he taught his daughters better than this.

Okay so I found the spare, got it off, put the jack in the wrong place, (luckily no damage was done, JJ showed up just in time) got the car jacked up and then the bolts were on too tight I couldn't for the life of me get them to loosen. Thank goodness for husbands who come as our knights in shinning armor to rescue us whenever we need them. JJ, I love you. Thanks for all that you do for me and our family. Happy Birthday!!!!

Well we didn't get to go to lunch with JJ, but he promised Jorden we could go get ice cream after we pick up his brothers.

8 comments:

Chris said...

Ha that is great - I am so sorry for your struggle - I would have played the - well sorry I had to take care of the baby card -- You did great! & Happy birthday to JJ!

Unknown said...

Becky, you are so awesome, I would be right there with you girl!

Unknown said...

This was definitely worth a second look on the blog today. I'm glad J.J. came to help, what a bummer, a tire change in the snow...that will never happen again...yeah for San Diego!!!

The Atwood's said...

What a brave, brave husband you have. Knight in shining armor...I'll go with that since it IS his birthday and all. Happy Birthday J.J.!!! (that's from Jake too)

Ashlee and Shane said...

I, like you, would not have thought of the spare. :) I don't think i could have attempted to change it on my own though! I would have been too afraid of ruining something. :)

thekerrclan said...

Don't you love those kind of days?

Sherrie said...

Becky, I loved this story. You are amazing, that's all I have to say. I know where my spare is in the van...underneath the two captain chairs. HELLO! Why do car engineers design our vehicles this way? Like when my van is full of little kids I can just quickly pull out my captain chairs and whip out my spare tire while my now released children stand quietly by the van. YA RIGHT! You also made me think that I'd better have a refresher course on putting on a spare. I'd be clueless...

Donetta said...

Becky, great experience. Your Mom once taught an enrichment class in Redlands on how to change a tire. That's how I learned. AAA is great.
Also, if you need a transition home here in Escondido, we would love to have you. Our place is not fancy, but we do have room.
Donetta